Monday 5 March 2007

Fate (Yun)

Chinese have a word called "Yun". Literally it can be translated as fate. Lately, I have been living in a melodramatic world, but I always tend to take some time for myself during these times. Thinking about what happened, trying to take a helicopter view, away from the "situation" I've been in. Reading helps a lot. It clears my mind that has been really misted up by the clouds in front of me. What I didn’t know and couldn’t see was the clear sky behind the clouds.

Behind the clouds is a new sky. One that is clear, and can be seen as new horizon of opportunities. Still, there’s one more dilemma left. Something that I would call fate. What should I do when something “slips away” from you? It might be fate that it slips away, and all my traditional Chinese wisdom tells me that I should be able to accept this, as life cannot always come the way as you want it to be. Yet I feel like fate is something you “create” yourself too. If there are still chances to recover, should I still accept “fate”? I still wouldn’t know what might happen if I try to recover it. Too be honest, things are still beautiful, I still have the nicest of the incidents that happened, but should I still pursue for more? Isn’t love the most beautiful when it can last forever in your memories? Or should we be able to posses the things we really want?

This impasse is still haunting my thoughts, but gradually I tend to accept fate, and am able to tolerate the fact that I will have to let go. Letting go, will make our memories beautiful as they are, and hopefully last forever. Not because I'm oblivious, but because I understand...

一切隨緣

No comments: